Monday, August 6, 2012

The Hideaway

Do you like local eateries?  How about pizzerias?  Well, if you live in Oklahoma and want to try something other than the boring ol' pepperoni and cheese variety, check out Hideaway Pizza.


The Hideaway got its start in 1957 in Stillwater, Oklahoma.  If you are interested in the full history and philosophy of this restaurant, click on the link here, it's a fun an interesting read.  This place is awesome  not only for the fresh ingredients they use, but also for the different specialty pizza combinations that they have on the menu.  They have a pizza contest each year, encouraging employees and customers to make up new creations.  The winners get put on the menu, some for a limited time, and a few have made it onto the permanent Specialty Pizzas page.


First of all, I always start with a 50/50, which is half a plate of fried mushrooms, and half a plate of cheese sticks.  


Now, I used to come here every Sunday afternoon in the summers and get the Maui Magic pizza pie (red sauce, mozzarella, Canadian bacon, pineapple, and mandarin oranges) and a chilled goblet of Blue Moon and ate it on the patio.  


But then they stopped carrying Blue Moon, and other beers just didn't go with the Maui Magic as well, so I started getting it to go, so I could drink Blue Moon at home. However, when I dined in here recently, Blue Moon was back on the menu, and I was a happy girl!


My lunch companion and I decided to try one of the new Specialty Pizza's as well as have the usual Maui Magic, so we ordered a half and half pie, the other half being the new "Apollo" (Pesto sauce, fresh spinach, parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mozzarella and kalamata olives).


After pizza, there was just enough room left over for dessert.  The dessert list was full of hard choices, but ultimately, I had to have the Frozen Lemonade Pie.


I already took a bite or two out of it before I remembered to take a picture.  It was much prettier when it was set on the table.  Sooooo goooood!!

The food is great and the interior screams FUN!  However, if you want to get your food as take-out, Hideaway has an amazingly easy online ordering system!  Just go to http://www.hideawaypizza.com/ and click the bright green button on the left.  You have to sign up one time with an email address and password, then after that, you are good to go.  You can even re-order whatever you got last time without going through and making your selections again.  You just sign in, type in your zip code, and begin your order.  You can pay for it online or pay on receipt at the store.  You can include any special instructions and set the time you want to pick it up.  They don't have delivery, but it's worth your time to go get it.


Have a wedding, reunion, or other grand shin-dig?  Hideaway does catering.  So what are you waiting for?  Give them a try if you haven't before, and go back for more if you have!






2 comments:

  1. I love Hideaway, but my favorite one will always be the original in Stillwater. Too many memories (my bridal shower was there). Hideaway has the best fried mushrooms. I didn't even realize they had dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember when I noticed their dessert menu, but I do know that the lemonade pie was new this year! It really is soooo good!

      Delete